Material Handler, $18/hour, Rochester, MI
We are seeking a hardworking reliable Facilities Maintenance Technician to join a growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn how critical the role of the Facilities Maintenance Technician position is to ensuring that the production at this growing company stays on schedule.
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
JOB REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Process and Operations Manager
This position will assist in all areas of product development including inventory, moving objects/equipment,
equipment set-up and operation, record keeping, shipping, receiving, housekeeping, general maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
• Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling and placing material at specified location.
• Insures proper documentation of inventory material.
• Pack, wrap, load, unload items with care, ensure no items damaged while moving.
• Team player, Works closely with the Design and Adv Development groups in day to day activities.
• Help setup, clean, and maintain application and processing equipment as required.
• Follows all safety and health requirements.
• Work in shipping / receiving, loading and unloading packages and maintain area as needed.
• Follows procedures related to product development operations.
• Maintains and generates records as required for product development, quality inspections, safety,
inventory, maintenance, housekeeping, etc.
• Performs other tasks and duties as required by supervisors.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in MS Office, including use of email is preferred
• Ability to perform simple math equations
• Ability to learn equipment set-up, operation, cleaning, and maintaining quickly
• Previous experience in inventory and moving objects is plus
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
• Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner to all levels of the organization,
including management, manufacturing, customers, and outside parties
• Strong attention to details and a passion for accuracy
• Strong pro-active approach to resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to report to work in a timely and reliable manner
• Physically fit and ability to carrying and lift items up to 50 lbs.