Muskegon, MI 49441
Job Summary: Candidate will be working as a Maintenance Technician, specifically in Millwright for a Muskegon based company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Millwright:
Daily inspections of plant and machinery specifically bearings, gear reducers, belts, couplings, and alignment and repair of same including completion of daily check list
Rebuild equipment as needed
Maintain shot blasts and associated equipment (Dust Collectors etc.)
Make necessary building repairs
Install new equipment as needed
Fabricate from wood or steel any new or replacement equipment from design drawings or instruction
Ability to weld and do layout work
Repair yard cranes (except electrical)
Job Requirements of Millwright:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee occasionally required sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25-35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision, abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman Card or 8 years of experience in the maintenance field in a manufacturing facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to smoke, airborne particles, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate if proper protective hearing protection is utilized according to company policy.
Job Order #: 125416