Job Number: 162900
Pay Rate: $22.00/hour
Maintenance Technician Grand Rapids, MI
Maintenance Technician Job Summary: The candidate is responsible for the maintenance of facility equipment, production equipment, and maintenance of system equipment, while working with a team of people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician:
Requirements of the Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain mechanical and electrical equipment for the processing and production of butter or other food products
- Maintain refrigeration equipment for the storage of food products
- Safely perform preventative maintenance on mechanical, electrical and facility equipment
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems including PLC S SERVO SYSTEM and CNC equipment
- Fabricate equipment to food grade standards for production and prototype purposes
- Install equipment and educate production staff on how to effectively run the equipment
- Utilize designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Order #: 107187
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years steady experience in maintenance and electrical experience necessary. GMP for food manufacturing, mechanical, welding of aluminum and stainless steel required
- Electrical, refrigeration and PLC, Servo and Communication knowledge preferred
- Basic computer knowledge for use of e-mail
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
- Ability to work with manufacturing machinery, be mechanically inclined, understand use of tools, knowledge of large food processing equipment is highly preferred
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, lift etc.
- Ability to meet strict attendance requirements by complying with shift times
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.