Detroit, MI 48212
ATTRIBUTE OF EMPLOYEE:
- Must arrive at work on and be available for all assigned duties.
- Must obey all safety and company policies and procedures as required by the
Company, State, and Federal Government.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with all levels of
- Must be able and willing to work all hours and shifts as required.
- Must be able read and understand work instructions, equipment manuals and related
- Must be able to follow directions from Management.
- Must be able to work and communicate with others effectively.
- Maintain an adequate supply of hand tools to be able to perform job and make repairs.
PREREQUISITE FOR POSITION:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in one or more of the following maintenance
related fields: welding, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, or pipe fitting.
- Ability to adapt their skills to the Company s equipment.
- Read and understand equipment and tech manuals.
- The willingness to ask for and accept additional training and the continuous effort to
expand knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and technical classes.
Prerequisite for position (physical):
- Must be able to step up/down from a sit down Hilo
- Must be able to maneuver a sit down Hilo using the required hand controls/steering
wheel/ foot pedals
- Must be able to bend to meet the required housekeeping procedures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- May be able to work with arms above their head for potential extended period of time
- May be able to work on their knees for potential extended period of time
- May be required to push/pull up to 50 pounds per job assignment
- Employee will effectively and efficiently maintain and repair production equipment, the
plant and its environment as needed.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION/ROLE:
- Any and all tasks as required by Management.
- Meet daily with Maintenance Management to go over agenda, equipment status, and
receive job assignment(s).
- Keep Maintenance Management informed as to equipment status and repair progress.
- Report any and all mechanical or safety issues promptly to Maintenance Management
or Production Supervisor.
- Operate equipment in a safe and legal manner at all times making sure of your
- Adhere to and promote safe work habits and follow all Company policies, State and
Federal regulatory laws and procedures, including, but not limited to, smoking, drug
and alcohol free work place.
- Maintain and repair all Company equipment as required.
- Maintain and repair all Plant and Company environs as required.
- Inform Maintenance Management of any required equipment repairs.
- Inform Maintenance Management of any inventory shortages or spare parts required.
- Ensure equipment is operating safely and all guards are in place before returning
equipment to Production.
- Complete all necessary housekeeping/cleaning of areas after repairs are completed.
- Maintain housekeeping/cleaning of Maintenance Repair, Office and storage areas as
- Complete Daily Maintenance Repair Sheet, Inventory Control List and other
company paperwork as required.
KEY AREA(S) OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Safety: Operating in a safe manner while performing job assignments and returning all
- Safety guarding properly installed and working.
- Equipment: Maintaining\repairing equipment to ensure availability for Production.
- Maintenance: Keeping Management advised as to equipment status; repairs needed;
and supplies\parts as needed.
Job ID: 175304