Maintenance Technician - 1st/2nd Shift - Pay - DOE - Canton, Michigan
A local Canton plastics compounding manufacturer that makes material for injection molders is actively seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to work 1st/2nd Shift (must be flexible to work either shift) for a Contract to Hire role. 1st Shift can be 6:30 am - 4:30 pm and 2nd Shift (in process of being created) could be from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm). The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives. Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in perform duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and order work areas.
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- 5 + years of Maintenance Technician experience strongly preferred
- Industry background with Injection Mold/Extrusion is a plus but not a requirement
- Journeyman's card is a plus but not a requirement
- Welding is a plus
- Must know basic electrical work (check motors/change switches or relays)
- PLC experience with Siemens is a plus but not a requirement
Job Order #:147193