Maintenance Technician - $19/hr - Elkhart
Goshen, IN 46526
- Understands and complies with NIBCO's SAFETY procedures.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, repairs cylinders, valves, water and oil leaks, etc.
- Performs PMs on equipment, and locates and corrects problems before breakdowns occur.
- Uses welding equipment and cutting torch properly and safely.
- Performs building maintenance, such as painting, repairs, and grounds upkeep as required.
- Performs or assists in machine moves, installations, and equipment changes.
- Troubleshoot and repair breakdowns, and follow-through with documentation, rebuilding and part requisitioning
- Performs and promotes 6S and prevents or reports appropriately all unsafe conditions and
- Utilizes and maintains IQ system for documentation progress, closure, and communication for work orders, and preventive maintenance system.
- Must be able to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, bucket lifts and other PIV’s as needed.
- Reads and understands mechanical, prints to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Communicates well with associates, coordinators, suppliers and customers, coordinates work in a positive and professional manner.
- Keeps skills abreast with new technology.
- Exhibits professional craftsmanship in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic work on breakdowns, projects, and preventive maintenance.
- Any job related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Report all safety hazards, unsafe working conditions, abnormal circumstances,accidents or other problems to supervision.
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent attendance
- Attention to detail
- Follows processes
- Regularly required to stand, lift, bend, twist, reach with arms and hands, stoop, crouch, or
- Physically able to climb ladders to access platforms, work surfaces, silos, etc.
- Ability to safely use shop tools, (both power and hand).
- Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and bucket lifts.
- Ability to read and interpret machine drawings, control diagrams, and machine mechanical
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mechanically Inclined. 8. High School Diploma or GED required.