Maintenance Tech / Mechanic: Goshen, IN
MISSION of why this job needs to be done.
Responsible for general repair and maintenance work of machines, equipment, building and plant facilities, through proficiency in several of the maintenance skills, such as but not limited to: plumbing, painting, pipe fitting, welding, cutting, fabricating, carpentry, masonry, print reading, rigging, machine moving, etc.
KEY OUTCOMES of the actual work
- Understands and complies with NIBCO's SAFETY procedures.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, repairs cylinders, valves, water and oil leaks, etc.
- Performs PMs on equipment, and locates and corrects problems before breakdowns occur.
- Uses welding equipment and cutting torch properly and safely.
- Performs building maintenance, such as painting, repairs, and grounds upkeep as required.
- Performs or assists in machine moves, installations, and equipment changes.
- Troubleshoot and repair breakdowns, and follow-through with documentation, rebuilding and part requisitioning
- Performs and promotes 6S and prevents or reports appropriately all unsafe conditions and
- Utilizes and maintains IQ system for documentation progress, closure, and communication for work orders, and preventive maintenance system.
- Must be able to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, bucket lifts and other PIV’s as needed.
- Reads and understands mechanical, prints to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Communicates well with associates, coordinators, suppliers and customers, coordinates work in a positive and professional manner.
- Keeps skills abreast with new technology.
- Exhibits professional craftsmanship in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic work on breakdowns, projects, and preventive maintenance.
- Any job related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Report all safety hazards, unsafe working conditions, abnormal circumstances,accidents or other problems to supervision.
Clean Environment, can be warm in summer
COMPETENCIES that matter to perform the essential job functions
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent attendance
- Attention to detail
- Follows processes
SKILLS needed in order to perform the essential job functions
- Regularly required to stand, lift, bend, twist, reach with arms and hands, stoop, crouch, or
- Physically able to climb ladders to access platforms, work surfaces, silos, etc.
- Ability to safely use shop tools, (both power and hand).
- Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and bucket lifts.
- Ability to read and interpret machine drawings, control diagrams, and machine mechanical
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mechanically Inclined. 8. High School Diploma or GED required.
9. Three to five years technical experience in an industrial or commercial environment. A
Trade School or Apprentice certificate and 3-5 years’ experience preferred.
10.Hydraulic Experience preferred.
11. Ability to pass a hair follicle drug screen and full physical
12. General Electrical experience is a plus.
Pay is Depending on Experience $17-22hr