Maintenance Tech Assistant 2nd shift
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
A local metal plating service is actively seeking a Maintenance Tech Assistant to join their team on 2nd shift with hours from 1: 30 PM to 10: 00 PM Mon-Fri. This individual must be flexible with shift time and OT. Saturdays are required for rotation with other Technicians.
Duties include helping the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Technician with day-to-day uptime/breakdown maintenance on all plant equipment; including preventive and predictive maintenance. In addition:
- Maintain all plant equipment to ensure proper operation
- Ongoing preventive & predictive maintenance of all equipment.
- Report all situations requiring extensive repair to supervisor
- Locate parts to repair all items
- Look for cost savings in all aspects of plant upkeep and repair
- Complete and proper upkeep of all appropriate maintenance logs
Functions & Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of the following: Welding (Arc & Tig), Plumbing (Steel & PVC), Electrical (110v 480v), Hydraulics (standard cyl/hose repair), Pumps (Cent. & Air diaphragm), Valves (Steel Ball/PVC)
- Must have a basic set of tools
- Ability to maintain a valid driver s license and fork lift operator s permit
- At a minimum, High School Diploma/GED or 1+ years previous maintenance experience
- On the job training is provided- candidate can have welding, or plumbing, or building experience and be willing to learn
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Job Order#: 166612