POOLER, GA 31322
Facilities Maintenance Technician:
The facilities maintenance technician carries out skilled technical duties involving repair, maintenance, replacement, installation of heating, air-conditioning and distribution systems.
Job description includes fixing, repairing and preforming troubleshooting on all boilers, heat pumps, a/c, chillers and refrigeration units.
Carries out minimal maintenance activities to an appreciably complicated level in the area of electrical and mechanical system safety.
The individual for this position under the direction and leadership of the facilities maintenance organization will work towards attaining maintenance goals and company objectives.
The role of facilities maintenance technicians also entails scheduling, planning and carrying out preventative and corrective maintenance job duties on electrical or mechanical system and appliances under the recommendations of the facilities organization.
In order to carry out the job of a facilities maintenance technician profitably, the prospective applicant must be willing and able to carry out each of the following paramount duties, tasks and responsibilities satisfactorily contained in their job description as shown below.
- Carries out scheduled maintenance examinations and fixes, cleans and align diverse systems to guarantee appropriate system operations.
- Arranges repairs on electronic and wiring components affiliated with programmed building management operations.
- Changes faulty motors, compressors, coil units, expansion valves and other constituent parts.
- Engages in cleaning components from hermetic burnouts, clears out and charges systems
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs pneumatic control and direct digital systems
- Inspects distribution components for suitable volume, pressure, temperature and velocity
- Ensures a balance of water and air treatment systems
- GED or HS Diploma with 4-5 years progressive experience performing tasks with intricate HVAC systems and utilizing equipment like package units, pneumatic and automated control systems, chillers, boilers and VAV systems.
- Mastery of interpretation of documents involving maintenance instructions, sketches, plans, blueprints, procedure manual and safety rules
- Excellent speaking dexterity in the presence of employees or group of clients
- Efficient expertise in writing messages and reports
- Outstanding application of common sense intelligence to perform instructions
- Outstanding skills in resolving issues related to diverse general variables in regulated conditions