Baldwin, MI 49304
Job Summary: A local Baldwin company who does metal fabrication is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Machinist position. The Machinist will be operating machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce precision metal parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Machinist position:
- Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job to ensure products meet precise specifications
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
Job Requirements of the Machinist position:
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to set up and adjust programs
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be willing to ask for help
- Must have attention for detail
- Must have good attendance
- Must demonstrate job stability