Machinist - 1st Shift - $15.00/hour
Whitehall, MI 49461
A Whitehall automotive supplier is seeking CNC Machinists for 1st shift. Hours are 7: 15am-3: 15pm (Monday-Friday.) The CNC Machinist will be responsible for set-up, operating and maintaining assigned CNC machining equipment and insuring compliance with all procedures and policies.
This is a direct hire opportunity with the following benefits including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Holiday Pay, and additional Bonus Incentives for exceptional performance and attendance.
- Set-up, operate and maintain assigned CNC machining & machining equipment in such a manner as to insure compliance with all work instructions
- Check parts to print, utilizing gages and ensuring that all parts meet 1st piece quality requirements
- Communicate with previous shift & following shift operators; informing them of machine performance and the production run during shift overlap
- Perform machine set-up and off-sets as required
- Perform all housekeeping tasks and maintain work area in a clean, orderly and in safe condition at all times
- Ensure all proper documentation is at workstation and perform SPC, 1st piece and in-process inspection, and maintain tooling log sheets - completing tooling changes and adjustments as required
- Participate, with a positive attitude and good learning opportunity approach
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job which require long periods of standing during business hours, lifting up to 35 lbs. Repetitively for short durations
- Ability to read blueprints, use and understand various gage systems such as micrometers, calipers, plug gages, and indicators
- Ability to interpret written and verbal work instructions, safety procedures, and operation procedures in English
- Safety conscious; Works Safe and always follows safety procedures and reports all unsafe work conditions
- Available to work overtime after shift and on weekends
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Reading of Caliper, Micrometer and tape measure required
- Must have experience performing machine set-ups
- Basic English and Math Skills required
For immediate consideration please apply online at (616) 396-5557 or apply online at www.Workboxstaffing.Com.