Sparta, MI 49345
We are seeking a hardworking reliable 2nd shift Machine Operator to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn how the critical role of the machine operator performs to ensure that production at this growing company stays on schedule.
This temporary to hire in position offers overtime and advancement opportunities. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Machine Operator:
- Meeting quotas that are required on any given day
- Cross train in different departments
- Follow tasks, ensuring work station is clean, orderly and always safe
- Follow instructions given by supervisors
- **Loud dept/some lifting /**attention to detail a must!**
- Ability to work in a steady, medium to fast pace environment
- Ability to meet physical requirements- lift 2-25 pounds repetitively
- Ability to work very repetitive task
- Ability to stand for 10 hours a day- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Ability to comprehend, interpret documents such as work instructions, safety procedures and operation procedures
- Ability to solve practical problems, good decision making, planning, organizing and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact at various levels or organization
- Ability to move to various departments due to production demands
- Be able to keep up with fast pace work
- Must be dependable
- Must be a hard worker
- Have good communication skills
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, calipers etc.
Job Order# 174834