Romulus, MI 48174
Are you looking for a 1st shift opportunity? Are you looking for the opportunity to grow with a company that' s eager to invest in you? If so, your search is over! We are seeking hard working and reliable machine operators to operate a draw block machine. This temporary to full time position offers overtime and advancement opportunities.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Sets up and operates one or more wiredrawing machines
- Studies specifications determines setup procedures.
- Positions secures specified dies in dieholders, using handtools.
- Lifts coil of wire onto feed reel, tapers end, and threads it through dies.
- Secures end of wire in jaws of drawing block or onto spool which rotates pulls wire through dies.
- Coats wire with lubricant to facilitate drawing starts machine.
- Inspects measures drawn wire to verify conformance to specified shape, size, or electrical resistance, using measuring instruments, like wire gauges, micrometers, and resistance testers.
- Cuts defective sections from wire, using wire cutters.
- Replaces worn dies, using handtools.
- May feed wire through electrodes of annealing unit to soften work-hardened wire.
- Strong work ethic.
- Desire to learn and grow with the company.
- Willing to work OT.
- Able to stand on feet for 12 hours.
About the Job:
- Slow pace.
- Light lifting for the most part.
- Family-like culture.
- Daily performance bonuses that are paid out weekly.
Job ID: 198599