Machine Operator, $12 - Grand Rapids, MI
Job Summary: Set up and operate mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic heavy duty power presses to bend, form, pierce, cut or stamp sheet metal into shapes, forgings, or weldments by performing assigned duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Machine Operator position:
- Set up power presses.
- Operate presses to bend or straighten cold metal.
- Operate presses to pierce or cut sheet metal into shapes, forgings, or weldments.
- Set dies to punch heavy metal.
- Inspect and mark job number on finishes workpiece.
ADJECTIVES describing the work and the environment Loud, repetitive, heavies, not temperature controlled
COMPETENCIES that matter to perform the essential job functions
1. Meet productivity standards.
2. Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
3. Observe safety and security procedures.
4. Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
SKILLS needed in order to perform the essential job functions
1. Basic math skills.
2. Ability to read, write and speak English.
3. Basic machine operator experience.
4. Ability to follow instructions.