Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Use equipment, machines, and hand tools to assist in the fabricating, labeling, and packaging of custom filtration parts. Support other team members in the production of parts that meet customer requirements in order to meet due dates using the most economical means while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Identify what materials and components will be needed as well as what dimensions, tolerances, and shapes to produce to using information contained on production order
- Use a variety of manufacturing processes including, but not limited to, cutting, sewing, welding, riveting, and grommeting to produce parts based on specifications on production order
- Operate machinery such as a hot air welder, heat press, RF welder, sewing machines, and cutting machines in the fabrication of filtration products
- Set-up machines for production based on technical data sheets
- Perform pre-production, in process, and final quality checks to ensure products meet customer dimensional specifications, meet structural and visual quality standards, and are free of defects and contamination
- Mark and/or label products per customer specifications
- Complete production paperwork to accurately declare product output and material/component usage
- Package products according to production order and stage for warehouse
- Work as a team to meet customer due dates and internal deadlines
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, machine operator is a plus.
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to safely perform related physical demands of the role: team lift up to 40 pounds as needed, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to use measurement tools proficiently such as tape measure or microrule
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with operating a sewing machine
- Ability to sit in one place for extended periods of time
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work without losing quality