Canton, MI 48188
Machine Operator, $13-$15/hour - Canton, Michigan
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Machine Operator will be responsible for all aspects of the setup and operation of the Line. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for the cleaning and changeovers.
Functions and Requirements:
- Responsible for the operation of the primary compounding and the secondary blending of raw materials required in the extrusion area and at specified levels of productivity.
- Troubleshoot material problems as required.
- Monitor work area and adjust machines as needed.
- Keep track of in-process inventory.
- Provide materials consistent with the required schedule.
- Complete and maintain necessary paperwork.
- Maintain housekeeping and clean work area.
- Hook up sacks of materials to be lifted and opened in hoppers.
- Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
- Comply with established safety rules.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, leads and supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the supervisors.
- Three years of related experience, preferably within the plastics of automotive industry.
- Ability to read and comprehend simply instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Job Order #: 147210