Brownstown, MI 48193
Are you trying to join a fast paced, highly competitive, and motivating team? Then this is the job for you! It consists of highly competitive pay in an atmosphere that rewards productivity! This awesome team of managers are looking to bring people on PERMANENTLY that are honest, hardworking, competitive and motivated! This is a great chance to grow alongside a team of great leaders that CARE about their employees.
Every temporary worker is treated as their own! Also, allows for the chance to join the union when hired in. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance and advancement opportunities.
- Revolve within a production crew performing any production related task necessary to manufacture quality forgings to meet customer specifications. (Will Train)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are M-F, 6: 00 am- 4: 00 pm.
- Ability to perform any of the following tasks during a production run: heater, pad and pierce, trimmer and rotator - Properly trim, pad and pierce, heat and spray forgings
- Properly set up hammer dies, trimmers and all other necessary equipment needed to perform production
- Monitor for non-conformance
- Assist in preventative maintenance tasks on hammers and other production equipment such as tightening bolts, greasing, checking lubricant, etc.
- Maintain work area and equipment and perform basic housekeeping tasks such as sweeping or shoveling to promote cleanliness and safety
- Perform any task required by management to manufacture quality forgings
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management
- Comply with all safety procedures and regulations
- Ability to think clearly and react quickly to physical dangers
- Strong attention to detail to inspect and meet quality standards
- Teamwork orientation
- An awareness of safety and health
- Willingness to work
- Ability to focus during repetitive tasks
The Production Forger is required to stand all day. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently required to use 3-8 lbs tong with a two foot reach using both hands to lift parts up to 20lbs up to 3000 times per day. The employee must frequently rotate at the waist, use hands to feel or handle objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, bend at the waist, walk and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position regularly encounters exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold), exposure to chemical odors and extreme noise reaching up to 120 decibels. Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job ID: 198569