Machine Operator, $12 -Allendale, MI
Job Summary: Function independently within context of day-to- day activities, perform a variety of operations related to press brakes and other fabricating equipment. Quality conscience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Machine Operator position:
- Operation of Cincinnati and Amada press brakes
- Tooling setup and removal
- Ability to manually lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to work in a standing position for entire shift (normally 8-10 hrs)
- Uses precision measuring tools to ensure part meets specifications.
- Inspects and measures parts, as required, to maintain quality records.
- Maintains accurate counts of parts; attaches labels or tags to finished part containers identifying customer, part number, quantity and shop order information.
- Utilizes the data collection system to accurately record production activities including time spent, quantity produced and any rejected parts.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate job activities.
- Follows all safety procedures and wears safety equipment or apparel as required.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
- Ensures on a daily basis that the work area is clean and orderly including machine, tooling and workstation.
Qualifications for Machine Operator position:
- Minimum of 6 month - 1 year related manufacturing education or work experience preferred with operation/set-up of brake presses in a sheet metal fabrication environment.
- Blueprint reading, shop mathematics and ability to read a micrometer and caliper is required.
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, and internal/external customers
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to do the job.
Job Order #: 108485