Machine Builder - Norton Shores
Muskegon, MI 49441
Job Summary: The Machine Builder is responsible for general shop maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and installations of old equipment. Will be working to refurbish machines such as CNC, Lathes, Press and others as requested by customer.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities of the Machine Builder position:
- Perform inspections on a machine needing repair
- Support and participate in all changes to standardize work.
- Troubleshoots, installs and repair & wire electrical panels, such as wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including basic PLC control systems.
- Participate with a positive attitude and good learning opportunity approach, and in job rotations including cleaning work area or helping with housekeeping.
- Learn and understand company s operating systems principles and objectives
- Provides related technical guidance and expertise
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (planned and unplanned).
- Must be responsible for care and maintenance of customer machines and production assets.
Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer instructions and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to work with others as candidate will be expected to participate as a member of the Team.
- Must be mechanically inclined with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a quick learner, as well as open to learning new things.
- Electrical, maintenance and machine repair experience preferred
- Experience with lathes, mills, grinders helpful
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Must have valid drivers license, will be required to drive upon hire in
- HS Diploma or GED is required