Laser Operator, 1st Shift, $13-$15 DOE, Walker MI
Walker, MI 49534
If you have previous laser operator experience and have the ability to learn new skills, we have a great opportunity for you to develop your skills with a growing company in the Walker area. They are a local company that specializes in high performance metal, composite, and ceramic-composite components for military and commercial applications. Hours will vary from day to day, but earnings will be maximized with overtime opportunities. Apply today!
Questions about this position? I' m Mary, your Skilled Recruiter, and I' m here to help. Call or text me at 616.242.9919.
A typical day on the job would include operating a laser machine, being responsible for operation of large production 6k Messer fiber laser with a bed size of 8 wide x 25 long, loading and unloading sheet material and cut parts, operating controls, setting offsets, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to the requirements of customer blueprints, ensuring all parts meet tight manufacturing requirement, study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
Skills Required for Positions:
- Change settings on machine based on material and layout design; sometimes operating multiple pieces of equipment at one time.
- Use measuring tools (calipers) for quality assurance.
- Light preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Previous experience creating cut files and working with laser nesting software is desired.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical skills to run laser
- Read and understand complex assembly prints fluently
- Apply metric to English conversions
- Able to obtain forklift certification
This position is a contract to hire position, meaning you will be a temporary employee of Workbox Staffing until hired in permanently with the company. My job is to be your advocate for permanent hire and I won' t stop fighting for you. Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
- Call or text me for more information: 616.242.9919
- Quick Apply by responding to this ad
- Apply directly on our job board
- Learn More About Workbox Staffing
Job Order #: 168832