Laminator Operator $16.80 2nd shift
Constantine, MI 49042
Assists the Lead Operator in the set-up and safe operation of the machine, maintaining a quality product while running at efficient speeds. Loads and/or off loads roll stock and monitors coating process making adjustments as necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Preparation Duties: Assist in preparation of equipment for operation prior to the beginning of the shift. Power up, make necessary stock splices, thread material, make sure presses are cleaned and help with the preparation of the coating and/or feeding systems.
- Duties While Running: Make stock splices, assist on stock alignment, monitor the nip making manual tension/coating adjustments if necessary, remove build-up from press rolls and idlers. Continually check orders to verify that the correct stock is loaded on the machine. Band and dispose of butt rolls and roll wraps. Communicate with outfeed end personnel to maintain a quality product. Off load product from machine using a crane or trolly.
- Machine Shut-Down Duties: Purge coating system and/or clean rolls. Complete paperwork in a neat and legible fashion.
- Follow written work instructions and report to Coordinator when deviations are necessary to allow for review and edit of existing instructions.
- Acts as a team member of the machine, with each team member assisting others as needed, making it easier on everyone.
- Keeps the area orderly and clean on an ongoing basis.
- Report any malfunction of the equipment to the Maintenance Department, Lead Operator or Coordinator, to prevent potential injury to an employee or damage to the equipment.
- Responsible to follow sound safety operating practices such as the Lockout Procedure, OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines or recommendations, use of safety controls installed on machinery, following equipment operating instructions, and adherence to Safety Data Sheet handling instructions.
Preferred Aptitudes/Eligibility Considerations:
- High school diploma/GED
- 2 years machine operator experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others
- Good attendance and planning paid time off in advance is required
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to read a tape measure and apply basic math skills
- Must be able to obtain a lift truck driver permit
- Must understand and follow safety requirements for manufacturing
- Ability to frequently push, pull or lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to frequently climb stairs, bend stoop, kneel, crawl, lift and move arms and hands freely
- Ability to stand for most of a 10 hours shift