Job Number: 165927
Laboratory Technician Savannah, Ga $20-$25.00
Perform chemical process test and analysis. Operate and maintain designated analytical equipment to provide the information required to perform process operations decision making,. Evaluate raw, in-process, and finished materials in accordance with corporate methods and safety policies.
- Operate and maintain designated analytical equipment as directed by manufacturer' s and company policies and procedures.
- Immediately notify supervisors of equipment deficiencies, unsafe conditions, or inability to follow instructions.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with job requirements including company polices, food safety process, chemical hygiene plan, and safe work practices.
- Perform laboratory test as directed and provide analytical results in a timely manner.
- Recommend equipment, system, or procedural upgrades to improve QC department efficiency or enhance safety.
- Meet departmental and corporate record keeping and reporting requirements in compliance with applicable standards.
- Maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment in a clean and safe working condition.
- Perform required chemical test and analysis on raw, in- process, and finished material to ensure quality specifications are attained.
- Report out specifications (OOS) results to Quality and Production management.
Job Order 165927
- Minimum two (2) year degree in biology, chemistry, food science or similar degree OR 2 years work experience in a setting
- Functional computer skills, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Functional basic math skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written English
- Proficient in the use of Gas Chromatographs as well as typical laboratory equipment
- Experience with hazardous waste disposal and emergency response preferred
- 12 hour rotating, swing shifts required