Saw Operator, $17.95/hr, Madison Heights
Are you looking for job stability?! Are you looking for a career and to get hired into the union?!
Workbox Staffing is hiring a Saw Operator for a tubing manufacturer in Madison Heights. This person’s main purpose is to contribute to the successful and safe operation of the facility. In this position you must safely and efficiently cut and transfer tube.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. This is a temp to full time hire opportunity.
Functions and Requirements:
- Set up and operate either saw at rated production
- Cut and deburr tube to produce correct lengths, a quality cut, and correct packages per order
- Tack weld the ends of round tube in bundles prior to cutting
- Load long lengths with overhead crane and remove cut lengths with forklift as necessary
- Cut, remove, replace, and crimp steel banding as required
- Read and correctly use micrometers, vernier calipers, radius gages, measuring tape
- Read and understand cutting orders
- Complete all saw paperwork correctly
- Communicate and coordinate with Shipping
- Communicate and coordinate with Material Handling
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance
- Assist with and write saw procedures for all sizes of tube
- Change blades and track blade life as needed
- Assist with saw maintenance as directed
- Perform housekeeping as required to maintain a safe and efficient workplace
- Follow all written or spoken procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Let’s go to work! Apply online today at or call our office at 586-275-2986.
Equal Opportunity Employer