Human Resource Manager
Canton, MI 48187
Job Summary: Local warehousing and distribution company is looking for experienced overhead crane operator. This position is primarily responsible for operating an overhead crane to move steel coils, dies, equipment, or other materials by performing the following duties. The qualified candidate needs to provide certification.
1.Pre-checks and inspects all equipment before operations. Informs Supervisor of any equipment defects.
2. Unloads steel coil delivery trucks.
3. Communicates with truck drivers to coordinate shipments. Ensures truck drivers have access to PPE when entering the facility & that they maintain safe operating procedures
4. Charges & discharges coil feeders at presses.
5. Loads & unloads dies from Diafuku die rack system.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ability to work in a steady, medium to fast pace environment
2. Ability to work very repetitive tasks
3. Ability to work in a physical position with lifting of up to 50lbs
4. Ability to work alone or in a group
5. Ability to operate a overhead crane
Skills and Experience
1. Prior work experience in warehouse manufacturing, overhead crane certificate preferred
Qualifications for Overhead Crane Operator:
- Minimum 1 year of Overhead Operator experience required.
- MUST HAVE OVERHEAD CRANE CERTIFICATION!
- Strong attention to detail
- GED or High School Diploma
- Good communication skills
Job Order #: 168949