Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Auto Line Lead Racker
Job Summary: Follow the Production Schedule posted and ensure the product flow moves smoothly, and the rackers are following verbal or written direction. Determine a pattern of Racking that customers will receive a good Mix of parts. And any other duties assigned, or requested.
Supervisor(s): Auto Line Supervisor, Auto Line Team Lead.
Moderate paced, moderate to heavy lifting, uncontrolled temps
Duties & Responsibilities
- All duties and responsibilities as a racker
- Supervise the racking area to ensure that all rackers are performing their job duties and responsibilities correctly and understand the requirements.
- Put racks up/or take them down, so customers receive a good mix of parts.
- Ensure that all bars are racked to capacity
- Ensure that specific parts are racked in proper ways.
- Instruct rackers on racking techniques either by verbal direction or by setting a pattern for them to follow.
- Make sure that quality standards are understood and followed.
- Work with the production manager, Auto Line supervisor, and lead inspector in regards to customers' demands.
- Work with shipping to ensure proper flow of product to and from Shipping.
- Ensure that production logs are being correctly filled out at all times, and that Lot Dates are being marked appropriately.
- Provide on the job training for new employees
- Ensure that discrepancies with parts are being reported.
- Ensure that the quality of product is being looked at-at all times.
- Provide feedback to management on the performance of rackers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- All knowledge, skills, and abilities as outlined on the racker's job description, plus the following:
- Ability to supervise other personnel.
- Ability to read and understand quality standards.
- Ability to establish priorities, work both independently and with other personnel, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision.
- Being about to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience
- No formal education is required
- Previous experience is not required, as on the job training is provided
- Prior supervision experience is helpful
Job Order: 139002