Foundry Laborer - 3rd Shift- $15.50-$16.50/hour
Ravenna, MI 49451
A ductile iron foundry specializing in high volume and high requirement castings is looking for qualified candidates. In this position, you will use gauging equipment to inspect finished pieces and strive to continuously improve the quality level of the product or service provided and to continuously reduce all types of waste. Hiring for 3rd shift - hours are 10:00pm-6:00am (Sunday-Thursday.) Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Upon hire-in, and after you’ve worked through your eligibility period you will be eligible for great compensation and many benefits, including health, medical, dental and vision insurance. If you enroll for medical insurance, dental & vision insurance are covered at no additional cost. Insurance is discounted if you are nicotine-free! Additional benefits include vacation (paid after 1 year), paid holidays, referral bonuses, 401k with 50% employer match up to 6%, and 529 College Savings Plan with 50% company match.
- Deburr the part and identify and grind slag, fin and internal solidified dust
- Inspect parts in an efficient fashion
- Be efficient with a multitude of grinders (8inch, 4inch, cone, carbine, wheel, pencil)
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, along with having the ability to write simple correspondence
- Must be comfortable and confident working alone as well as in a team environment performing repetitive duties in a small work area for up to 8-10 hours/day
- Must feel comfortable lifting between 10-50 pounds consistently throughout the shift
- Must be available to work overtime throughout the week and weekends - scheduled hours will be between 5-6 days per week