Hilo Operator, $14.25/hr, Belleville MI
Are you looking to find a company that believes in its people, provides the best resources available, rewards excellence through personal and team based results, and consistently outperforms its peers? Are you interested in a change? Are you seeking a better opportunity? Do you have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed? If you answered yes to these questions, and you are a well-qualified, hardworking, team oriented individual then look no further.
Everyone employed through with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Drives gasoline, liquefied gas or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment or materials by performing the following duties.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Operates Hilo truck safely and efficiently and in accordance with MIOSHA and company standards.
- Brings dies and steel to machines in a timely manner to ensure no downtime.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Ensures correct tagging is on all containers prior to moving.
- Completes safety and operational checks daily.
- Help in departmental operation wherever necessary.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Michigan forklift truck operators permit required
- Previous material handler experience preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
**APPLY NOW or give us a call at 734-284-2121!!!**