Ravenna, MI 49451
Not afraid of getting a little dirty at work? Are you motivated and comfortable working in a warmer work environment? Do you have strong attention to detail and thrive working in a team? Look no further & call us today! A ductile iron foundry specializing in high volume and high requirement castings is looking for qualified candidates. In this position you will use gauging equipment to inspect finished pieces and strive to continuously improve the quality level of the product or service provided, and to continuously reduce all types of waste. For scheduling purposes - you will train 1 week on 1st shift then move to an off-shift.
Upon hire-in, and after you ve worked through your eligibility period you will be eligible for great compensation and many benefits, including health, medical, dental and vision insurance. If you enroll for medical insurance, dental & vision insurance are covered at no additional cost. Insurance is discounted if you are nicotine free! Additional benefits include vacation (paid after 1 year), paid holidays, referral bonuses, 401k with 50% employer match up to 6%, and 529 College Savings Plan with 50% company match.
Functions and Requirements:
- Deburr the part and identify and grind slag, fin and internal solidified dust
- Inspect parts in an efficient fashion
- Be efficient with a multitude of grinders (8inch, 4inch, cone, carbine, wheel, pencil)
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, along with having the ability to write simple correspondence
- Must be comfortable and confident working alone as well as in a team environment performing repetitive duties in a small work area for up to 12 hours/day
- Must feel comfortable lifting between 10-50 pounds consistently throughout the shift
- Must be available to work overtime throughout the week and weekends - scheduled hours will be between 5-7 days per week
Job Order#: 163829M