Allendale, MI 49401
A local Allendale Fabrication shop that specializes in sheet metal is actively looking for an Installer/Fabricator on 1st Shift Monday - Friday (occasional Saturdays). The Installer/Fabricator will operate metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal. Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, partition frames, dust collection piping, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings. Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes. Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Keep up with the production pace throughout the shift.
- Follow all directions from supervisors and leads.
- Produce product to the specifications of client 100% of the time.
- Provide general ventilation, exhaust, and material heating and cooling of industrial units.
- Handle central and unitary fans, dust collectors, and exhaust/return air duct work.
- Grind and buff seams, joints, and rough surfaces.
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Operate computerized plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal.
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- MUST HAVE WELD FABRICATING EXPERIENCE WITH SHEET METAL!
- MUST have experience with SHEET METAL MACHINERY!
- Read and comprehend engineering drawings, sketches, and work specifications.
- Must have valid driver s license with clean driving record, no exceptions
Job Order #: 166046