Job Number: 164981
Develop transformer controls designs, using and applying design principles, research data, appropriate industry and safety standards, and proposed product specifications.
- Familiar with industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers and switchgear.
- Ability to understand functioning of control devices and logic.
- Read and understand customer specifications, select accessories including suitable gauges and instruments per those specifications.
- Provide technical support to shop staff or customers.
- Confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify information or resolve problems.
- Prepare accurate drawings including schematics, point to point and layouts.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM) for all material and accessories needed in a design package,
- Generate material purchase requests as required for material that is not stocked or advance-ordered.
- Complete design activities in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electrical Transformer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Controls: 2 years (Required)
- Design: 1 year (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities
MS Office, AutoCAD or similar design software.
- Associate (Preferred) with experience.
- Roanoke, VA (Preferred) Regional relocation possible.