Customer Service Representative
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Customer Service Representative - Grand Rapids, MI
Job Summary: To ensure client provides superb customer service to their clients patients, patrons and more by listening to their situation and contacting the correct person to solve their issue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Customer Service Representative:
- To answer calls for medical offices 80% and other industries 20%
- Will be on the phone 100% of the day. Calls are back to back.
- Will record key information about each call and relay it to the proper doctor, nurse, funeral home, attorney, company etc.
- In an 8 hours shift- 100-200 calls lasting 3-5 minutes each
Job Requirements of Customer Service Representative:
- Professionalism- dealing with nurses, doctors, attorneys, property management companies etc.
- Empathy- ie: hospice care where a relative dies, pet owners who s pet is in need of urgent care etc calls and needs to be transferred. They may be crying and want to talk about their situation.
- Ability and willingness to work scheduled hours each week Will get 40 hours (OT available if requested). Saturday/Sunday mandatory. May get 2 week days off.
Qualifications for Customer Service Representative:
- Pleasant phone skills
- Computer skills- words per minute 30-40
- Must average 80% or higher on the following administered tests: phone numbers (accuracy), names (accuracy), comprehension (retention rate), grammar, spelling, typing (30-40 WPM with no more than 3 errors)
Job Order #: 111874