Crane Operator, $17.95/hr, Madison Heights
Are you looking for job stability?! Are you looking for a career and to get hired into the union?!
Workbox Staffing is hiring a Crane Operator for a tubing manufacturer in Madison Heights. This person’s main purpose is to contribute to the successful and safe operation of the facility. In this position you must safely and efficiently cut and transfer tube.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. This is a temp to full time hire opportunity.
Functions and Requirements:
- Operate any overhead crane safely
- Operate any forklift safely
- Use the transfer buggy safely
- Perform Daily Operator Inspections on cranes and forklifts
- Remove tube bundles from the mills, keeping pace to avoid interruption of production
- Supply and remove tube at the saws, keeping pace to avoid interruption of production
- Plan in advance the use of floor areas to meet the storage needs of varying mill schedules
- Complete all paperwork correctly
- Load any truck with bundles to be shipped.
- Initial “Inspected by” sticker to the back of the mill tag bag for each bundle loaded.
- Weigh scrap from the mills, transfer, store, and load onto trucks as required
- Use slings, dunnage, and boarding ladders safely
- Rack stackers and dunnage when not in use
- Communicate and coordinate with Operations
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance
- Provide additional crane and forklift service as needed
- Perform housekeeping as required to maintain a safe and efficient workplace
- Follow all written or spoken procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Let’s go to work! Apply online today at or call our office at 586-275-2986.
Equal Opportunity Employer