Controls Engineer Supervisor
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
Controls Engineer Supervisor, 1st Shift, $45k/yr - $55k/yr, Lansing, MI
A local Lansing company who is a leader in the foundry industry is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Controls Engineer Supervisor opening. The Controls Engineering Supervisor will be Researching, developing, designing and testing controls components, equipment and systems. The Controls Engineering Supervisor will supervise the work of the Controls Engineering department. Scheduled time for now is 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and busy time picks up around August and hours will then likely transition to 5:00 am to 3:30 pm and may be asked to work weekends. Flexibility with hours is a must! Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively acquires information required for Control Systems design.
- Determines hardware environment for Control Systems.
- Designs Control Systems.
- Provides Current BOM information and shipping Orders for the purchase and movement of material and sub-assemblies.
- Provides a System of Engineering drawings for customer approval, purchase of sub-assembles, system manufacture and installation.
- Makes certain drawings are updated to reflect changes made in Plant and Field, then filed.
- Provides software as required by system design.
- Supervises the work of Controls Engineers, designers/detailers, programmer, technicians and Outside Vendors.
- Supervises start-up and demonstration of Control Systems locally and in the field.
- Supervisory responsibilities of controls engineering department
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional necessary training (courses, seminars) would include:
- Engineering Management
- Prior experience working as a Controls Engineer preferably in a foundry
- Prior experience supervising others
Job Order #: 140780