JOB SUMMARY: Construction laborers perform a variety of tasks at all kinds of construction sites. Tasks that require little skill can be learned quickly; other tasks require considerable experience or training. General laborers are often required to work outside in all kinds of weather or in buildings without heating or air conditioning. Some tasks are dangerous, or chemicals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Duties of a general laborer vary.
* May include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools and machines such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
* Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
* Assist carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
* Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
* Must also be able to concentrate on their tasks.
* Ability to understand and communicate information is also essential.
* Some tools and machines are computerized, requiring technical knowledge to use.