Muskegon, MI 49444
Job Order #: 192582
A Muskegon based chemical company is seeking Chemical Operators. Will be working a full-time 12 hour rotating 1st shift (Monday-Sunday.) Must be able to transition between a 12 hour rotating 3rd shift (Sunday-Monday) every quarter. This is a full-time temporary to permanent position with a complete benefits package available upon hire-in (holiday, vacation, medical & dental insurance.)
The Chemical Mixer will perform mixing of raw materials to create chemical products used across the United States. The products must meet quality specifications in a timely manner to help with production needs.
- Assists in meeting the production schedule goals by completing assignments.
- Stages raw materials and puts away finished product.
- Responsible for raw material and finished goods location integrity.
- Charging raw materials to process vessels.
- Uses DCS (digital control system) to monitor batch while in process and adjusts as required.
- Properly communicates to supervisor when it appears that a goal or deadline will not be met.
- Strives for continuous improvement by interacting with team and providing suggestions based on field observations.
- Follows all provisions of operating instructions.
- Monitors quality of output and takes appropriate action, including shutdown of process, to prevent or limit production.
- Responsible for meeting standard batch ticket cycle times while maintaining safety and quality.
- Follows all quality policies and production procedures to ensure quality product is produced.
- Active part of Process Safety Management procedures, including implementing and following process safety protocols.
- Participate in Hazop and job training requirements.
- Assist where necessary in all plant operations, including preventative maintenance.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Technical Manufacturing Experience in a Chemical Facility
- Standing for extended periods of time, ability to lift, push and pull up to 55 pounds frequently, exposure to outside conditions and ability to work any shift.
- 1+ years of experience working with machinery
- Highly ethical with the ability to understand complex situations and make decisions
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the values of the company.