Industry: Skill Labor-Manufacturing
Job Number: 146012
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
CNC Turret Lathe Operator - Pay is BOE - 1st Shift
A Grand Haven company that specializes in prototyping and manufacturing high precision bearings for both standard and specialized applications in industries such as chemical, food processing and industrial is seeking a full-time CNC Turret Lathe Operator for 1st shift. The candidate will operate CNC Turret Lathes to perform a series of machine operations such as turning, boring, threading and facing on metal work pieces such as bar stock. This company is seeking a problem solver with experience in reading blueprints, micrometers, and calipers.
This is a full time 1st shift position with medical, dental, paid holidays/vacations, and 401K upon hire in. Competitive start wage rate depending on your experience!
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Fulfill training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties.
- Work on customer drawing and specifications with minimum supervision, while working closely with engineering, machine operators and other key personnel.
- Follow company safety policies; maintain the work area in a clean orderly condition.
- Read blueprint, traveler, standard charts and CNC program for such specifications as dimensions and tolerances.
- Index turret and adjust position of tools at each station in relation to work piece to assure clearance between moving parts and machining of specified dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a very physical position with lifting of 40 regularly.
- CNC operating experience is required, preferably CNC Controlled Turret Lathe experience
- GED or High School Diploma is required
Job Order #: 146012