Industry: Skill Labor-Manufacturing
Job Number: 163460
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
CNC Turret Lathe Operator - Grand Haven, MI
Job Summary: A Grand Haven company that specializes in prototyping and manufacturing high precision bearings for both standard and specialized applications in industries such as chemical, food processing and industrial is seeking a full-time CNC Turret Lathe Operator for 2 nd shift. The candidate will operate CNC Turret Lathes to perform a series of machine operations such as turning, boring, threading and facing on metal work pieces such as bar stock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of CNC Turret Lathe Operator position:
- Fulfill training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties.
- Work on customer drawing and specifications with minimum supervision, while working closely with engineering, machine operators and other key personnel.
- Perform other related operations as required or directed. May work at different workstations as production needs may require.
- Follow company safety policies; maintain the work area in a clean orderly condition.
- Read blueprint, traveler, standard charts and CNC program for such specifications as dimensions and tolerances.
- Index turret and adjust position of tools at each station in relation to work piece to assure clearance between moving parts and machining of specified dimensions and tolerances.
Job Requirements of CNC Turret Lathe Operator position:
- Ability to work in a steady, medium to fast pace environment, must be able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a very physical position with lifting of 40 regularly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and procedure manuals, must be comfortable writing routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; must also be able to interpret bar graphs.
Qualifications for CNC Turret Lathe Operator position:
- CNC operating experience is required, preferably CNC Controlled Turret Lathe experience
- GED or High School Diploma is required
- Previous mics & calipers required
Job Order #: 110440