Evart, MI 49631
You will be responsible for developing software programs that direct CNC (computer numerically controlled) machines to cut and shape metal or plastic to produce components for airplanes, automobiles, tools/dies/molds and other industrial machined parts and tools. Using 3-dimensional computer designs (CAD models) and/or blueprints that define the configuration of the required component, CNC Programmers use CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) software programs to generate the program code that guides CNC machines to perform machining operations which result in precise finished components efficiently and safely.
1. Use CAM software such as Mastercam to generate program code that controls the operations of a CNC machine.
2. Work on Lathes, Mills, CNC
3. Analyze job orders, review CAD models and/or blueprints, make calculations to determine where materials should be cut
4. Define the best sequence of machining steps
5. Decide tools, speeds, feeds and fixtures to be used
6.conduct quality testing and correct/improve program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety
7. Communicate with other programmers, shop floor management, machinists/setup and operators and engineering and sales staff to achieve this.
Small shop, medium pace work
1. Dependable hard worker
2. Team player
1. Knowledge of G Codes and Mastercam Software
2. Previous experience as a CNC Operator/Programmer
3. Good communication skills
Order ID 140168