Job Number: 149549
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
CNC Machinist, 1st Shift, $16/hr + BOE, Muskegon, MI
A Norton Shores manufacturer specializing in high quality tooling, fixtures, gages, and custom machinery is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a CNC Machinist position on 1st Shift. The candidate will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Plan inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock.
- Program mills and lathes, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements.
- Set up mills and lathes.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing entire process; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer' s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Qualifications for CNC Machinist position:
- 5 Years Machining Experience (CNC, Manual Lathes, Mills, Program Set-up, Custom Machining) - 3 Axis preferred and Milltronic Controllers are a plus!
- GED or High School Diploma Required
- Must be able to read blueprints, use and understand various Gage systems such as micrometers, calipers, plug gages and indicators
- Must be highly motivated and able to handle multiple duties at one time
- Must be a self-starter and very well organized
- Comfortable communicating with a wide range of people/personalities - verbally & in writing. (will be required to communicate with customers and team members)
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude, conceptual skills, process improvement, attention to detail & judgment
Job Order #: 149549