Branch Supervisor, $65,000-70,000/year, Remote/Southgate MI
Are you looking for a company that promotes from within, offers immediate pay increases when hired in and offers full benefits once hired in? Are you looking for a company that truly cares about you? If so, the search is over! They are looking for leaders that share their vision and want to have an impact on our world, along with having a rewarding and fulfilling career. Culture is everything at this company and they are looking for somebody that comes to work every day with a smile on their face!
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Nature & Scope of Position
Position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day functions of a branch operation.
Principal Accountabilities and or Duties
- Oversee branch release and entry summary processes on a day to day basis.
- Oversee the administrative functions related to the management of staff: Time/Attendance, Performance Reviews, Train and Develop, Discipline, Coach and Mentor.
- Ensure that the Key Results Objectives (KRO’s) are achieved, communicated, monthly results are identified, and actions are taken for those that are below standards.
- Ensure compliance with all Government regulations relating to the importation of goods is met; identify any defects in policy and procedure which may affect compliance, offer methods for compliance
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedure are met; identify any defects in policies and procedures which may affect the quality of product and offer methods of improvement.
- Review processes within the branch to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Make suggestions for new processes that will enhance branch operations.
- Implement local written procedures that address port specific practices.
- Ensure the high quality of our service and compliance is maintained; identify barriers to providing service or compliance defects.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve service.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma is required. College and or University Degree in Business would be
- Minimum five (5) years direct experience in customs brokerage environment.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset. Specifically, leading a team, goal setting, handling conflict, time demands and customer service issues
- Broker’s license is required. This position qualifies a local district permit.
- Skilled experience in the ability to effect release and entry with Customs, knowledge of other government programs related to importations.
- Branch operation includes responsibility for ground border operations. Experience with air
and ocean modes of transport is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written is required
- Problem solving, accuracy, attention to detail and analytical ability is required
- Responsible for the direct supervision of ten (10) or more Branch Staff; consisting of Import Analysts handling primarily ground shipments within the northern border environment. This involves performance managing, training and coaching staff on a daily basis.
- This position requires onsite and remote supervision of staff.
- Scheduling and tracking: attendance, overtime, shift premiums, payroll timesheets etc.
APPLY TODAY to get your new career started!!