Beekeeper - 1st (Eastern)
Howell, MI 48843
- Provide the daily needs of pollen to each hive based on size and specifications determined.
- Water Replacement- each hive will need to have their water source replaced on a daily/weekly basis
- Daily cleaning and removal of feces, moth damage and old food within each of the hives is critical to maintain our high-quality standard and hive development.
- Package hives and prepare for shipping by assembling shipping boxes and insert hive into each container, load hive boxes onto pallets wrapping and secured the package to the pallet with appropriate labelling.
- Machine Operations: the individual will learn to operate all of the current equipment needed to support the bee activities.
- Bag and Box: this unit fills bags with a sugar solution that is then used inside a foldable box. Assemble each box and introduce the bag into the box.
- Water Pot Filling Station: Mix sugar solution based on standard specifications. Then run the filling machine with individual water pots.
- Pollen Production V-Mag: Mix dry pollen with a sugar solution. Upon a specified moisture/consistency the operator will then transport the mixture into the V-Mag machine. This machine will compress the pollen into the appropriate size. Fill each tray with the individual unit.
- Cart Washers: Load machines with dirty parts into each cart washer. They will run a clean cycle of short/medium or long. Operator will clean machine at the end of each shift and drain water.
- Facilities cleaning- the individual will have a weekly/daily task that they must complete that includes cleaning and sanitizing surfaces.
- Vacuuming- every day we have a rotation of individuals who will vacuum loose bees and moths. The vacuum must be cleaned and sanitized after use.
- Breakdowns- upon a weekly surplus of hives, they will rotate into a freezer that will kill the colonies. We then dispose of these colonies by breaking down each part. The dirty parts then will be placed in tubs and sent to the washroom.
- Washroom- clean and organize dirty parts utilizing cart washers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail-specifically quality.
- Strong ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Basic Microsoft Suite skills- excel, word, power point.
- Strong leadership ability with the proper motivation to learn
- Attendance and punctuality is a priority due to the nature of our product and the scale of our business. Reliability is a must
- Multitasking and shifting from one job duty to another in a quick time period
- Ability to regularly stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel (air and ground)
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (15) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration, repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing, and/or pulling.
- Ability to endure heat or excessively cold conditions for a period
- Ability to control emotions under various levels of pressures, stress, and fast paced activities
- Ability to operate a pallet jack