Automotive Upholstery Sewer/Trimmer
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125
We are seeking a hardworking reliable candidate for a Carpet Care Technician position to join a growing company who is eager to invest in the right candidate. This is a temporary to hire position that offers the opportunity to grow with the company and offers benefits when hired on.
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Responsible for making, repairing, and replacing upholstery for various specialty vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design upholstery cover patterns and cutting plans, based on sketches, customer descriptions, or scope of work.
- Make, repair, or replace automotive trim and upholstery, including carpets, seats, roof, and door lining and interior trim.
- Prepare fabrics or materials for processing or production.
- Operate industrial sewing machines to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material; single and double needle.
- Maintain records of time required to perform each job.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames using hand tools, power tools, and glue
- Must be flexible to be cross-trained in other departments as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year in the trim industry but preferably 3+ years
- Automotive experience highly preferred
- Must be able to lift, bend, and work with heavy vehicle components
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and self-directed
- Must enjoy working on automotive upholstery and have a mechanical aptitude
- Ability follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use measuring instruments
- Must be energetic and possess a positive attitude
Job ID: 192147