Job Number: 162046
Automation Controls Engineer, Wage BOE, DIRECT HIRE, Holland, MI
Holland, Michigan based provider of customized automation solutions to companies ranging in size from middle market companies to global concerns. They have expertise in conceiving, designing, fabricating, programming and assembling custom automation equipment to exacting quality standards. They largely serve customers in the following end markets: automotive, office furniture, medical device, transportation and building products.
Actively seeking an Automation Control Engineer with great communication skills who thoroughly enjoys working with others. This company is steadily growing and offers an environment that is both exciting and non-repetitive, making the everyday work fun and rewarding!
- Design, implement, and document control systems for various types of automated equipment.
- Generate and verify configuration data for machines.
- Produce electrical layout and detail drawings/schematics in computer-aided-design software.
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with build and electrical teams.
- Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or Mission build specifications using standard techniques and approaches.
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment if required
- 5+ years' experience in Automation Robotics
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred but not required
- Experience with PLC' s, HMI, Robot, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and/or Vision Systems
- Knowledge to program/design systems including PLCs, HMI, Robots, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Vision Systems
- Understanding of electrical schematics and software PLC Ladder Logic
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to debug equipment
- Willingness to work 45+ hours per week to meet customer needs
- Attractive industry with growth expected to outpace others
- Competitive pay with benefits package
- Creative work environment with a chance to learn from others
- Modern, clean facility with a positive workplace culture
Job Order#: 162046