Assistant Poly Extruder 2nd Shift 16.80
Constantine, MI 49042
Works cooperatively with the film extruder team members in the set-up and operation of the film extruder. Strives to manufacture a quality product while running at the maximum speed possible. Trained to be competent to fill in for the Film Extruder Operator during absences. Performs the duties of the mixing poly for different colors, rewinder operation, and/or operating the clamp truck.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- PREPARATION DUTIES - Assists in preparing the film extruder for operation prior to the beginning of the shift. Duties include but not limited to: power up equipment (splicers, roll stands, flat die, heaters, control panel, etc.), make necessary stock splices and thread additional plies, write up rolls that are in the machine, make sure flat die is cleaned and help with the preparation of the poly and vacuum systems.
- DUTIES WHILE RUNNING - Duties include but not limited to: making necessary stock splices, assisting on initial stock alignment, monitoring the nip and making adjustments if necessary (tension and coating), always maintaining poly adhesion continually check orders to confirm that the correct stock is loaded on the machine. Band and dispose of butt rolls, roll wraps and start up poly. Work with the rewinder operator to maintain a quality product.
- Acts as Film Extruder Operator during absences
- Adheres to all quality control procedures.
- Performs necessary quality checks before start up and after every roll laminated and released from the Appleton.
- MACHINE SHUT-DOWN DUTIES. Duties include but not limited to: Placing drool stick under flat die and filling with poly and turning the heats down. Takes brake off of all rolls. Completes paperwork in a neat and legible fashion (butt roll tickets, transfer partially used rolls that are staying in the machine and dating and specifying which roll stand the rolls are staying in.)
- Monitor poly requirements and supply. Prepares daily consumption reports, production records and quality reports.
- Continually look for innovative ways to improve the operation and save on waste materials.
- Team member of the film extruder; each team member will assist the others as needed, making it easier on everyone.
- Keeps the area orderly and clean on an ongoing basis.
- Reports any malfunctions of the equipment to the Maintenance Department to prevent potential injury to an employee or damage to the equipment.
- Responsible to follow sound safety operating practices such as the Lockout Procedure, OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines or recommendations, use of safety controls installed on machinery, following equipment operating instructions, and adherence to Material Safety Data Sheet handling instructions.
- May be required to perform other duties throughout the plant, as conditions require.
Education: Minimum high school diploma/GED
Experience: Familiar with manufacturing environment and proper safety procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
Must be able to read a tape measure, micrometer and depth gauge.
Must be able to obtain a clamp and lift truck driver permit.
Knowledge of equipment and proper operation with minimum training is a must.
Must understand safety requirements.
Physical Requirements: Lifting of 50-100 pounds (should lift as a team for shafts and materials over 50 pounds.) Requires good balance and agility to frequently climb on top of or under machine to clean or make adjustments.
Working conditions: Manufacturing environment.