POOLER, GA 31322
Execute daily work assignments as provided by shop supervision in accordance with all company safety, quality, and productivity standards
Daily assignments will be related to the movement of production and non-production material as well as any task associated with the assembly of a gas/steam rotor
Tasks may commonly require the use of heavy manufacturing equipment such as hand tools, hydraulic torque and tension equipment, overhead cranes, and precision measurement devices
(Experience and familiarity with the above-named tools is a must!!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform all work assignments in accordance with company safety and quality policies practices, and procedures.
• Work closely with Engineering to develop assembly processes, operation protocols, and to pursue continuous improvement throughout the facility.
• Read, interpret, and understand assembly drawings and work instructions and lifting procedures as required to perform rotor assembly operations.
• Use and understand heavy tooling to complete assembly operations including hand tools; hydraulic Tensioners, wrenches, and jacks; induction heating; pneumatic/electric tools; drilling equipment; and specialty assembly fixtures.
• Use and understand material handling equipment to load and unload; transport; locate, and assemble rotor components and nonproduction material. Equipment will include but is not limited to: powered industrial vehicles, overhead cranes and rigging, and manual movement.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment to take and record measurements as required by assembly drawings, work instructions, and quality requirements. Examples may include micrometers, calipers, taper gauges, laser measuring equipment, dial indicators, pressure gauges, and special fixtures.
• Ability to complete precision rotor assembly operations. Operations may include grind to fit, stoning, honing, polishing, blade pinning, grit blasting, red/blue checks, and anti-rotation locking devices.
• Prepare material for assembly by cleaning or polishing.
• Ability to use a computer as required to input data, log job completion, manage quality records, complete training, and maintain MHPS employee account information.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team and individually.
• Ability to work while wearing a company uniform and complying with all company dress code and conduct standards
.You will train on first and transition to 2nd. MUST be able to work 2nd shift with overtime, weekends.