Grand Haven, MI 49417
Safely produce component parts for a custom water meter company. The qualified candidate will be setting up and running Warner Swasey Lathe. They will setup in a manner that meets all customer expectations and standards for on time delivery and quality. The candidate will be required to check the tolerances as the programs for the CNC are already done. It is also the expectation of all team members to actively look for and support continuous improvements in the product, quality and process.
1. Perform routine and repetitive machine set up and operation, ensuring product is placed in designated totes following set-up instructions, and completing documentation of process books at his/her work station and sign off of process check sheets 100% of the time.
2. Perform inspections of components and sub-assemblies and log in-process check sheets 100% according to in-station process controls.
3. Notify your Team Lead / Supervisor at first sign of abnormality 100% of the time you find an abnormality, variance and/or improper operation.
4. Support and participate in all changes to standardize work.
5. Participates as a member of the Production Team.
6. Participate, with a positive attitude and good learning opportunity approach, and in job rotations including cleaning work area or helping with housekeeping.
7. Learns and understands company s operating systems principles and objectives and the Machinist position s role in support of these systems.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to meet physical requirements of the job which require long periods of standing during business hours, lifting up to 50 lbs. Repetitively for short durations, working for long durations in non- climate and non-humidity controlled environment.
2. Ability to interpret written and verbal work instructions, safety procedures, and operation procedures in English.
3. Ability to run a Warner Swasey Lathe utilizing box tools, drill presses, misc. Other tools and a CNC Lathe.
4. Safety conscious; Works Safe and always follows safety procedures and reports all unsafe work conditions.
5. Available to work overtime after shift and on weekends.
6. Team player. Work together. Works well with others, cares about team members as a team. Emphasizing Team Goals over individual goals.
7. Listens carefully and acts friendly
8. Learns by doing
Skills and experience:
1. Basic English and Math Skills required
2. Reading of caliper, micrometer and tape measure required.
3. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
4. Experience in manufacturing environment.
5. Previous Warner Swasey lathe experience a plus.