Grand Haven, MI 49417
A Grand Haven company is looking for skilled candidates to join their team in temp-to-hire position. The pay is BOE and the company has excellent benefits upon hire-in. Call our Muskegon Office today (231-767-8989) or apply online.
Working as a CNC Turret Lathe Operator for a company specializing in prototyping and manufacturing high precision bearings for both standard and specialized applications in industries such as chemical, food processing and industrial. The candidate will operate CNC Turret Lathes to perform a series of machine operations such as turning, boring, threading and facing on metal work pieces such as bar stock.
1. Fulfill training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties.
2. Work on customer drawing and specifications with minimum supervision, while working closely with engineering, machine operators and other key personnel.
3. Perform other related operations as required or directed. May work at different workstations as production needs may require.
4. Follow company safety policies; maintain the work area in a clean orderly condition.
5. Read blueprint, traveler, standard charts and CNC program for such specifications as dimensions and tolerances.
6. Index turret and adjust position of tools at each station in relation to work piece to assure clearance between moving parts and machining of specified dimensions and tolerances.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to work in a steady, medium to fast pace environment, must be able to adapt to a changing environment.
2. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
3. Ability to work in a very physical position with lifting of 40 regularly.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and procedure manuals, must be comfortable writing routine reports.
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; must also be able to interpret bar graphs.
Skills and Experience:
1. CNC operating experience is required, preferably CNC Controlled Turret Lathe experience
2. GED or High School Diploma is required
3. Previous mics & calipers required