Assembler - $14.00/hour
Norton Shores, MI 49441
A Norton Shores leader of highly automated, flexible solutions supporting distribution and fulfillment for leading retailers and global brands in e-commerce, apparel, general merchandise, and grocery is seeking Assemblers to train on 1st shift and move to 2nd shift. 1st shift hours will be 6: 00am-2: 30pm and 2nd shift hours will be 2: 30pm-11: 00pm. Must be able to work overtime before/after the shift including some Saturdays. This is a full time temporary to permanent position with a full benefits package.
Job Summary: Perform duties associated with the assembly team to achieve performance goals. This position' s primary function will be to assembly or sub assemble conveyors or conveyor components per blueprints and/or general instructions.
- Pick, assemble, and skid conveyors, line shafts and sub-assemblies in the required time and quality using blueprints, build of materials, and general assembly instructions.
- Tension belt drives using a sonic belt tension drive
- Use steel tape measure, weighing and counting equipment, computers, and appropriate handling equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- Keep work area clean and follow 6S plan
- Support and follow company policies and procedures
- Label beds per instructions
- Verify all painted material including channels, and kit per work instructions
- Prepare picked items by product number per work instructions
- Stage material for assembly per work instructions
- Notify stockroom Department Coodinator/Production Supervisor of missing parts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Have a basic knowledge of torque equipment and how to use it
- Have a basic understanding of drive trains and how they are adjusted
- Must be able to operate fork trucks and walk-behind trucks
- Must have knowledge in the use of cranes and safe rigging practices
- Must be able to use basic hand tools to assemble components
- Analyze and solve production requirements by interactive conversation with associates, suppliers, and customers
- Operate computer terminals as pertain to the production area
- Lift up to 50 pounds up to 36" above the floor onto conveyor for testing purposes
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, bill of materials, etc.
- Must be able to work the required overtime that is set forth