Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Church Administrator, $12.00/hour - Ypsilanti, Michigan
The Church Administrator supports the vision, mission and core values of the church by facilitating day-to-day administrative operations of the church and its programs and activities. The qualified candidate will be the first face patrons of the church will see, conduct professional interactions with confidentiality, and have a kind personality.
Everyone employed through Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- Identify, greet and direct members and visitors entering the building
- Answer general questions in person and by telephone and other electronic media.
- Interact effectively with people from outside organizations, the government, and other external sources.
- Post, manage and distribute mail.
- Manage maintenance of office equipment and inventory control of office supplies.
- Provide administrative support support for pastors, staff, and church committees.
- Develop and prepare in a timely and accurate manner worship bulletins, newsletters, annual reports and other church documents.
- Efficiently use specialized and routine software programs in support of pastoral and lay ministries, financial operations, and membership.
- Secure, retrieve, and replace administrative and confidential personnel files.
- Manage facility maintenance, scheduling, rental, upkeep and security.
- Maintain a master calendar of activities.
- Maintains a proper cash flow to meet financial obligations, in collaboration with the church bookkeeper and lead pastor.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office.
- Direct, train and support volunteers and paid office staff.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others as needed.
- Develop and maintain an Administrative Procedures Manual.
- Develop and complete a continuing professional development plan.
Job Order #: 147340