Reed City, MI 49677
Accounting Clerk, Pay is based on experience - Reed City, MI
Job Summary: A locally owned company in Reed City who is a utility specific distributor and provides protective equipment testing, tool repair, and technical services consulting to customers around the world is looking for a qualified candidate to fill an Accounting Clerk position. The Accounting Clerk will Support all members of Accounting Department with accurate data entry, communication skills and financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Accounting Clerk position:
- Process vendor invoices received via mail, email, and/or fax
- Prepare sales and use tax returns
- Reconcile employee credit card statements
- Act as a representative of Company in the community.
- Maintain harmonious relations with everyone associated with the organization.
- Enforce adherence of all company employees as well as all sub-contractors to ALL of Client procedures and policies.
- Ensures that the contractual agreement, customers, and pricing structure are maintained as confidential in nature.
- Company confidentiality requirement contained in the company handbook.
- Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the Assistant Controller may assign from time to time.
Job Requirements of Accounting Clerk position:
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to develop priorities and handle multiple demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable is a must.
Qualifications for Accounting Clerk position:
- At least 2 years of experience working with Accounts Payable.
- Course training, 2 year accounting degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Includes sitting for extended periods of time, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work under time constraints to assist in the month and year-end closing reports
Job Order #: 147325