5 Axis Machine Shop Lead
Kentwood, MI 49512
5 Axis Machine Shop Lead, $27/hr + BOE, Grand Rapids, MI
A local Grand Rapids manufacturer of lubrication systems is actively seeking a Machine Shop Lead who has a through understanding of 5 AXIS mills and lathes, is a guru of programming, and knows Mazak controls. The machining team is small, so the Machine Shop Supervisor must be easy-going, responsible, and hard working with a
history of positive leadership and strong communication skills. This position is a major driver of work culture, so the Machine Shop Supervisor must understand and believe in the company mission and values. This individual will be responsible for 2-4 team members within a small family-owned shop. Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Independently set up, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC machines
- Reduce set up time and machining time through process improvement
- Ensure the productivity and organization of our machine shop by prioritizing work orders, working with purchasing to buy materials or tooling and developing best practices
- Maintain quality by establishing, monitoring, fostering and enforcing company quality standards. Work collaboratively with others to resolve quality issues
- First piece inspection and sign-off
- Create and maintain preventative maintenance routines
- Assist with hiring and employee selection, Conduct 45 day reviews, annual performance reviews, and Fall Conversations, and Discipline and assist with employee termination if needed
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Functions and Requirements:
- 5 + years of supervisory experience is preferred!
- Experienced in CNC machining WITH 5 AXIS), Espirt CAM software or similar, Manufacturing processes and related equipment, GD&T and machining quality standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Able to lift 50 lbs and have good manual dexterity and vision
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods and standard practices of the trade
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and equipment - There is no Maintenance Tech!
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Will transition into the Machine Shop Manager within appropriate timeframe
Job Order #: 138903